Sunday, January 13, 2013

Netflix


Hello!
               So in this post I’m going to be talking about a variety of things. So prepare yourself for some randomness and rambling. Since I’ve been ill these last few days and really unable to do too much I’ve been watching a bunch of Netflix. I’m kind of a movie buff, and really enjoy all types of movies. My personal favorite genre, though, is horror. I love being scared, and have loved being scared since I was a little kid. Well, to an extent. I’d definitely hate being one of those people in a scary-movie situation. But still, watching them is wonderful.
The best horror movies aren’t always the ones that are made by really famous directors with really famous actors, either. A ton of my favorite horror movies are really considered “b movies.” They aren’t always the best, but since the actors in them aren’t always the most well-known, and they won’t usually get a bunch of publicity, they often have more “radical” plots and out-of-the-box thinking or special effects. They aren’t confined to having the same old plot with the crazy serial killer, or the weird monster things or whatever. It’s actually kind of refreshing to see movies that aren’t “normal.”
This brings me to my next point, which is Netflix. Netflix is a wonderful hub for movies and TV shows. And really, there are two kind of things on Netflix – you’ve got good TV shows like Breaking Bad and Family Guy, and then you’ve got weird movies that didn’t make it big at the box office. It’s pretty nice to be able to pick whatever you want to watch out of a list of hundreds or even thousands of movies. They’re not all bad, either. You occasionally find really nice gems there as well. So even though you pay $7.99 a month for it, I think it’s really worth it.
An example of the kind of stuff that’s on Netflix is this really trippy movie that I’m actually watching as I type this. It’s called “V/H/S” and it’s about these dudes that break into this guys house to steal a VHS tape, and end up having to sift through dozens of weird, scary videos that look like they’ve been taken from a cheap video camera. Although this has been done a lot with movies like “Cloverfield,” “Quarantine,” and “Paranormal Activity,” this brings a whole new twist to the idea that I haven’t seen before. And although you can tell it wasn’t produced by a high-end company, it’s still really good. So once again, go get Netflix, have fun watching it. If y’all find anything good in the horror genre, hit me up. I’ll be right here. Leave a comment. In that comment section below. Aw yeah. See y’all next Sunday.
Thanks for reading
Matt Finley

No comments:

Post a Comment