Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring is in the Air


Hello!
               Waking up this morning I heard something that I haven’t heard in months – birds chirping outside my window. That, as well as the warm weather we’ve had for the last two or three days tells us something – spring is in the air! All winter people have been waiting for the snow to finally melt, the grass to get green, flowers to bloom, and the weather to turn warm. That time of year is finally here, so I’m pretty excited.
               There are a lot of little things that I love about spring, and they seem so insignificant in the long run. For right now, though, they mean a lot. Firstly, the weather itself. I love it when it’s hot. I would take warm weather over chilly weather any day of the week, any time of the year. Most people will complain that it gets too hot in the summer, and they start wishing for winter. I’m a big fan of the heat all the time though, and wish it was hotter a lot of the time. It’s not just the heat that I like about spring, it’s everything. The birds come back, which is awesome (as long as they’re not crapping on your car). The grass turns greener, which makes everything look a little less dull, and let’s be honest, who likes a dull landscape? The same goes for flowers, because they start to bloom right about now too. Everything’s just nicer during spring than during winter. Even the smells are better.
               Secondly, I am a big fan of the activities that come with spring. I’ve never been a big swimmer, so I don’t go to the pool often, but I can relate with people who do enjoy going. I have always been a big hiker, so once the snow melts I start going backpacking and hiking a lot more. It’s great fun, a year or two ago I went up to the Ozarks for a week during spring break and backpacked around, it was the perfect weather for it. A lot of other activities open up around this time, too. Bicycling, running, soccer, basketball, and a whole slew of other outdoor fun can be had during spring that can’t be had during winter. Springtime is the time to get out and play.
               Finally, I’m a big fan of the miscellaneous stuff involved with the changing of the season. For example, the Easter holiday comes around. I’m not a big religious person, so I tend not to celebrate the holiday itself, but I love the candy. So every year on the Monday after Easter I always go to the store and buy a ton of discount candy.
               So I’m a big fan of the spring season, even if it’s just the small things that make me happy about it. So go outside, have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment