Sunday, April 28, 2013

Weird Al Concert Recap


Hello!
               About a week ago I attended a Weird Al concert! This post is going to be about my experience at said concert. So if you don’t like it, get the hell out! Except I’m really going to be polite and say that perhaps you should read another one of my posts instead.
               So a little over a week ago my friend sent me a text saying that Weird Al was going to be performing at the Paramount later in the week, and that I was going to go. Honestly, the first thing I thought was “who is Weird Al?” Later I realized that he was the artist that produced parody songs such as “Amish Paradise” and “White and Nerdy.” I had heard these songs before, but never really cared who produced them. But since I enjoyed some of his works, I decided to be a good wingman and go to the concert with my friend.
               The first issue that I encountered with the concert was the price. It was anywhere from 35 dollars to 55 dollars for tickets. Now, as a poor high school student that is actually a pretty significant amount of cash. So although it was a really cool concert, it was kind of dumb that it was so expensive. Another issue that I had with the concert was that it was on a Sunday night. I know that they have a very strict schedule for concert times, and we’re lucky that we got to have the concert at all, but still. Sunday night, it lasted until 11 o’clock, and we had school the next day. That’s not the best.
               All in all, though, the concert was a blast. It was maybe two hours long, and he did a ton of different songs. We got two (!) drum solos, which is funny if you’ve ever seen a Weird Al concert. He also did a costume change after almost every song, after every two songs at most. It was great, he dressed up like an Amish dude for Amish Paradise, he dressed up in a fat suit for Eat It, and he dressed up like a jedi for The Saga Begins. Overall, I loved it. He gave the concert an aura of light-heartedness and fun, which is great.
               To anyone that has the chance, I’d say that they have to go! It’s not even a suggestion, it’s a command. You’ll most definitely enjoy yourself. (406)

No comments:

Post a Comment