Thursday, December 13, 2012

Prepare Yourself - The Hobbit is Coming


Hello!

                So today, I’m sitting here at approximately 2 o’clock in the afternoon, typing this in my AP Language and Composition class. In a little under ten hours I’m going to be taking my seat at something I’ve waited for all year, and then some. “The Hobbit” is coming out tonight! Aw yeah! Sorry for nerding out a little there. Very similar to hulking out, but I actually lose 30 pounds, develop bad eyesight, talk in a squeaky voice, and start loving Captain Picard of “Star Trek.”

                My love for the Lord of the Rings series probably developed when I was just a wee lad. I vividly remember when I was sick at some point when I was in kindergarten, and my mother read to me from “The Hobbit.” This got the ball rolling for not just the Lord of the Rings series, but epic fantasy in general. I’ve been a fan of that particular genre for as long as I can remember, and have probably read too many books in that genre. It’s okay, though, if America ever falls back into the dark ages I’m prepared.

                The first time I watched the Lord of the Rings movies was with my brother, and it was the most epic nerdapalooza I’ve ever taken part in. Watching from start to finish, all three movies, with not only the director’s cut, but the EXTENDED director’s cut, takes approximately 13 hours. It’s honestly one of the best times I can remember having with my brother. So much pizza was eaten, and so much Mountain Dew was drunk on that day. There was so much sword fighting and other such epicness that my eyes hurt from pure awesomeness (Or maybe that was the thirteen hours of staring at a TV screen).

                So, in short, I’m explaining my hopes for the night. I’ve had high hopes for this movie for a while, and hope that it works out for the best. Even if it is the worst, most awful, epitome-of-terrible movie in the world, though, there will still be some sense of camaraderie, I’m sure. I have to give a shout-out to all of the other nerds out there, some whose level of geekiness far surpasses my own. Yes, I’m talking about those people who are camped outside of the movie theaters right now, so they can get the /PERFECT/ spot to watch the movie tonight. In any case, it’ll be fun. I hope. I’ll probably get back to y’all at some point. (Most likely Sunday night when I write the rest of my blogs, scrambling to find a topic.)

Thanks for reading,

Matt Finley

No comments:

Post a Comment