Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween


I’m sure everyone has gone to a movie where some douchebag sits behind you and laughs at all the sad parts, and laughs through all the scary parts, and laughs at all the flaws. In my opinion, this type of person is the lowest of the low.
In recent times establishments such as haunted houses have been springing up, and scary movies such as “Halloween” have been becoming more and more popular. In my opinion this is because in society today we live safe little lives, and few of us ever actually get a chance to “do” anything. So we do things like bungee jumping to get our blood pumping from adrenaline. It makes us feel more alive. And scary movies are a little like bungee jumping. The scared feeling gets us pumped up. We do go to scary movies to be scared, not laugh at how bad they are, or how stupid the hero is. So next time you see one of those kids in a movie theater, feel free to slug him in the gut. Tell him it’s from me.
On that note, scary movies that I’ve seen recently. I just rewatched the original “Halloween,” and that level of badassery is not easily surpassed. I’ve heard a few movies are coming out in the next few weeks that are pretty good, and I’m pretty excited to go see them. Also, haunted houses this year. It’s 3 days from Halloween, and I haven’t gotten a chance to go yet. But I’m working on it! In good ol’ Cedar Rapids we’ve got one called Circle of Ash, which is doing some sort of murder mystery thing this year. It looked pretty good, and I’ll probably go. Even though people told me it wasn’t the greatest, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays ever, so I’ll probably do everything that I can to see it.
To reiterate; Those people that sit in movie theaters and laugh their way through the sad and/or scary parts deserve to not watch the movie, we go to scary movies and such in order to be scared, and there are some good looking movie and whatnot coming out in the near future.
Also, Halloween’s great. I mean really, free candy, people get to dress up like idiots and not be treated as such, etc. What’s not to love? NOTHING is the correct answer.
                                                                                          Thanks for reading!
                                                                                          Matthew Finley

No comments:

Post a Comment