Sunday, October 14, 2012


Hello!
               As a nerd, this is a very exciting time of year for me. The leaves changing color, the air getting cooler, but more importantly; the video games. Aw yeah, that’s right, in the months coming up to Xmas, game developers always seem to release new games (Huh, I wonder why? It couldn’t be some devious marketing strategy, could it?).
               A game that I was really looking forward to, and actually purchased yesterday, was Borderlands 2. I played the first game in the series about a year and a half ago, when it first came out, and I loved it. Although the graphics weren’t as cool as some games were, it definitely had one of the best storylines and game engines I had seen in a while. So when I opened Borderlands 2 yesterday, and popped it into my Xbox for the first time, I was not too disappointed. Its graphics haven’t been upgraded too much, which was a tiny bit of a downside, but the story and gameplay are back with a vengeance. After pumping a few hours into it, I was getting frustrated. Not because it was too hard, or anything like that, but because I was dying a lot. Being a big player of video games, dying is pretty frustrating, but it’s one of the reasons I love Borderlands. The game is not meant to be one of those where you are the literal god of war, raining death and lead down upon your enemies and regenerating health like it’s your job. It’s actually very balanced, where you’re pretty similar to your opponents, and you have to outthink them, not just beat them with your fists until they die (or you do). I haven’t had it for long, but I’d give it a solid eight and a half out of ten.
               Another game that I’m really looking forward to is Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It comes out on November 13 of this year, and I’ve already got 2 copies on hold. I know for sure that I’m going to the midnight release, and will probably be conveniently sick the next day. I’m a really big fan of the CoD series, and have probably played too much of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, which is the current edition.
               So yeah! Video games for days.
Thanks for reading!
Go forth and play,
Matthew Finley

No comments:

Post a Comment